Points are awarded across Mathletics in a number of ways:
Curriculum content (Skill Quests & Activities):
- 1 x correct answer = 10 points
- 1 x correct "Test" answer = 20 points
- 1 x correct "Are you ready" answer = 20 points
- 1 x correct answer = 1 point
- 1 x correct "Bonus Level" answer = 2 points
- Level up or complete a Quest = 50 points
Within the Mathletics curriculum, a maximum of 300 points can be earned per week from a single activity (600 points for Topic Tests). This is designed to encourage students to attempt a wide range of activities.
Certificates are issued on a weekly basis in accordance with the following calculation:
- 1000 points earned in a week = 1 Bronze certificate
- Every 5 Bronzes = 1 Silver certificate
- Every 4 Silvers = 1 Gold certificate
Things to note:
The bronze certificate will be generated as soon as the student has reached the 1000 points mark
Weekly points for the student are reset every week and the calculation period is from Monday to Sunday
To encourage consistent participation for students, students cannot earn more than one of the same type of certificate in the same week. Example: Student earned 2100 points in one week, the student earned 1 Bronze certificate. However, different types of certificates can be awarded in the same week. Example: Student earned their 20th Bronze Certificate this week. This also gave them their 4th Silver Certificate, which, in turn, earned them a Gold Certificate.
Student Rewards and Recognition PDF Guide: https://marketing-cdn.3plearning.com/uploads/docs/user-guides/Mathletics_SRR_Guide_2018_USL.pdf
An example of a Mathletics certificate is attached.